Want to know Testking 1Z0-053 Exam practice test features? Want to lear more about Oracle Oracle Database 11g: Administration II certification experience? Study Simulation Oracle 1Z0-053 answers to Renovate 1Z0-053 questions at Testking. Gat a success with an absolute guarantee to pass Oracle 1Z0-053 (Oracle Database 11g: Administration II) test on your first attempt.
Online Oracle 1Z0-053 free dumps demo Below:
NEW QUESTION 1
If a backup is expired, which of the following is true?
- A. It can never be used for a restore/recover operation.
- B. Oracle will remove the backup set pieces from the flash recovery area.
- C. The backup has been used at least once to restore and recover the database.
- D. The backup is no longer valid because of a resetlogs operation.
- E. The physical backup set pieces are missing from the media.
NEW QUESTION 2
Which statements are true regarding table compression? (Choose all that apply.)
- A. It saves disk space and reduces memory usage.
- B. It saves disk space but has no effect on memory usage.
- C. It incurs extra CPU overhead during DML as well as direct loading operations.
- D. It incurs extra CPU overhead during DML but not direct loading operations.
- E. It requires uncompress operation during I/O.
NEW QUESTION 3
You plan to execute the following command to perform a Flashback Database operation in your database:
SQL> FLASHBACK DATABASE TO TIMESTAMP (SYSDATE - 5/24);
Which two statements are true about this? (Choose two)
- A. The database must have multiplexed redo log files
- B. The database must be in the MOUNT state to execute the command
- C. The database must be in the NOMOUNT state to execute the command
- D. The database must be opened in RESTRICTED mode before this operation
- E. The database must be opened with the RESETLOGS option after the flashback operation
NEW QUESTION 4
Given the following RMAN commands, choose the option that reflects the order required to restore your currently operational ARCHIVELOG mode database.
a: restore database; b: recover database;
c: shutdown immediate d: startup
e: restore archivelog all; f: alter database open
- A. a, b, c, d, e, f
- B. c, b, a, d, e, f
- C. c, b, a, d, f
- D. c, a, b, d
- E. c, a, e, b, d, f
NEW QUESTION 5
Consider the following scenario for your database:
✑ Backup optimization is enabled in RMAN.
✑ The recovery window is set to 7 days in RMAN.
✑ The most recent backup to disk for the TOOLS tablespace was taken on November 3, 2007.
✑ The TOOLS tablespace is read-only since November 4, 2007.
On November 23, 2007, you issue the RMAN command to back up the database to disk. Which statement is true regarding the backup of the TOOLS tablespace?
- A. The RMAN backup fails because the TOOLS tablespace is read-only
- B. The RMAN skips the backup of the tablespace because backup optimization is enabled
- C. The RMAN makes backup because optimization can be enabled only for backups to disk
- D. The RMAN makes the backup because no backup of the tablespace exists within the seven day window
NEW QUESTION 6
You issued the following command to mount the DATA disk group in restricted mode: ALTER DISKGROUP data MOUNT RESTRICT;
What is the implication of this command?
- A. The client RDBMS instance can access the file as a read-only file.
- B. A new disk cannot be added to a disk group.
- C. A disk in a disk group can be taken offline.
- D. The client RDBMS instance cannot access the files in the disk group.
Specify MOUNT to mount the disk groups in the local Oracle ASM instance. Specify ALL MOUNT to mount all disk groups specified in the ASM_DISKGROUPS initialization parameter. File operations can only be performed when a disk group is mounted. If Oracle ASM is running in a cluster or a standalone server managed by Oracle Restart, then the MOUNT clause automatically brings the corresponding resource online.
RESTRICTED | NORMAL Use these clauses to determine the manner in which the disk groups are mounted.
In the RESTRICTED mode, the disk group is mounted in single-instance exclusive mode. No other Oracle ASM instance in the same cluster can mount that disk group. In this mode the disk group is not usable by any Oracle ASM client.
In the NORMAL mode, the disk group is mounted in shared mode, so that other Oracle ASM instances and clients can access the disk group. This is the default.
NEW QUESTION 7
View the Exhibit.
Examine the following command that is executed for the TRANSPORT table in the SH schema:
SQL> SELECT DBMS_STATS.CREATE_EXTENDED_STATS('sh', 'customers_obe',
'(country_id, cust_state_province)') FROM dual;
Which statement describes the significance of this command? Exhibit:
- A. It collects statistics into the pending area in the data dictionary.
- B. It creates a virtual hidden column in the CUSTOMERS_OBE table.
- C. It collects statistics with AUTO_SAMPLE_SIZE for ESTIMATE_PERCENT.
- D. It creates a histogram to hold skewed information about the data in the columns.
Creates a virtual column for a user specified column group or an expression in a table This function creates a column statistics entry in the system for a user specified column
group or an expression in a table. Statistics for this extension will be gathered when user or auto statistics gathering job gathers statistics for the table. We call statistics for such an extension, "extended statistics". This function returns the name of this newly created entry for the extension.
NEW QUESTION 8
You want to set the following initialization parameters for your database instance:
LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 = 'LOCATION=/disk1/arch' LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 = 'LOCATION=/disk2/arch' LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_3 = 'LOACTION=/disk3/arch' LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_4 = 'LOCATION=/disk4/arch MANDATORY'
Identify the statement that correctly describes this setting.
- A. The MANDATORY location must be a flash recovery area.
- B. The optional destinations may not use the flash recovery area.
- C. This setting is not allowed because the first destination is not set as MANDATORY.
- D. The online redo log file is not allowed to be overwritten if the archived log cannot be created in the fourth destination.
Specifies that filled online log files must be successfully archived to the destination before they can be reused.
If MANDATORY is not specified, then, by default, the destination is considered to be optional.
At least one destination must succeed, even if all destinations are optional. If archiving to an optional destination fails, the online redo log file is still available for reuse and may be overwritten eventually. However, if the archival operation of a mandatory destination fails, online redo log files cannot be overwritten.
NEW QUESTION 9
The INV_HISTORY table is created using the command:
The following data has been inserted into the INV_HISTORY table:
You would like to store the data belonging to the year 2006 in a single partition and issue the command:
SQL> ALTER TABLE inv_history MERGE PARTITIONS
INTO PARTITION sys_py;
What would be the outcome of this command?
- A. It executes successfully, and the transition point is set to '1-apr-2006'.
- B. It executes successfully, and the transition point is set to '15-apr-2006'.
- C. It produces an error because the partitions specified for merging are not adjacent.
- D. It produces an error because the date values specified in the merge do not match the date values stored in the table.
NEW QUESTION 10
Which dynamic view displays the status of block-change tracking?
- A. V$BLOCK_CHANGE
- B. V$BLOCK_CHANGE_TRACKING
- C. V$BLOCKCHANGE
- D. V$BLOCK_TRACKING
V$BLOCK_CHANGE_TRACKING displays the status of block change tracking for the database.
NEW QUESTION 11
You are peer reviewing a fellow DBAs backup plan for his NOARCHIVELOG mode database, as shown here:
1. Put the tablespaces in backup mode.
2. Back up the datafiles for all tablespaces.
3. Take the tablespaces out of backup mode.
4. Back up all archived redo logs.
Your colleague asks for you to comment on his plan. Which response would be correct?
- A. The plan will work as is.
- B. The plan needs to be modified to allow for an archive-log switch after step 3.
- C. The plan needs to be modified so that a backup of the archived redo logs occurs before step 1.
- D. The plan needs to be adjusted to shut down the database after step 1 and to restart the database after step 2.
- E. The plan cannot work as presented.
Without command ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE, the backup of archive redo logs will be useless.
NEW QUESTION 12
Which two commands never trigger an implicit rebalancing within the disk group?. (Choose two.)
- A. ALTER DISKGROUP misc MOUNT;
- B. ALTER DISKGROUP misc DROP DISK misc2;
- C. ALTER DISKGROUP misc CHECK ALL NOREPAIR;
- D. ALTER DISKGROUP misc RESIZE ALL SIZE 1023m;
- E. ALTER DISKGROUP dgroupA ADD DISK '/devices/A*';
Altering Disk Groups
You can use the ALTER DISKGROUP SQL statement to alter a disk group configuration. You can add, resize, or drop disks while the database remains online. Whenever possible, multiple operations in a single ALTER DISKGROUP statement are recommended. Grouping operations in a single ALTER DISKGROUP statement can reduce rebalancing operations.
Oracle ASM automatically rebalances when the configuration of a disk group changes. By default, the ALTER DISKGROUP statement does not wait until the operation is complete before returning. Query the V$ASM_OPERATION view to monitor the status of this operation.
Use this clause to add one or more disks to the disk group and specify attributes for the newly added disk. Oracle ASM automatically rebalances the disk group as part of this operation.
Use this clause to drop one or more disks from the disk group.
The DROP DISK clause lets you drop one or more disks from the disk group and automatically rebalance the disk group. When you drop a disk, Oracle ASM relocates all the data from the disk and clears the disk header so that it no longer is part of the disk group. The disk header is not cleared if you specify the FORCE keyword.
NEW QUESTION 13
Which of the following is true about job chains?
- A. They consist of one or more Scheduler programs.
- B. They are used to implement dependency scheduling.
- C. They are used to implement time-based scheduling.
- D. They are used to implement event-based scheduling.
- E. None of the above.
Creating and Managing Job Chains
A job chain ("chain") is a named series of tasks that are linked together for a combined objective. Chains are the means by which you can implement dependency based scheduling, in which jobs are started depending on the outcomes of one or more previous jobs.
NEW QUESTION 14
What is the name of the file that identifies the set of available locale definitions?
- A. locale.def
- B. lxdef.ora
- C. lx1boot.nlb
- D. lx1boot.ora
- E. lang.def
NEW QUESTION 15
Because of a logical corruption in your production database, you wanted to perform Tablespace Point in Time Recovery (TSPITR). But before you start the recovery, you queried the TS_PITR_OBJECTS_TO_BE_DROPPED view and realized that there are a large number of objects that would be dropped when you start the recovery by using this method. You want to preserve these objects. Which option must you use to perform TSPITR and preserve the object?
- A. Perform Export before TSPITR and Import after TSPITR
- B. Move objects to another schema that has the same tablespace assigned
- C. Perform Incomplete Recovery before TSPITR with the Log Sequence Number (LSN)
- D. Perform Incomplete Recovery before TSPITR with the System Change Number (SCN)
NEW QUESTION 16
On which two database objects can the VERSIONS clause of the Flashback Versions Query be used? (Choose two.)
- A. fixed tables
- B. heap tables
- C. external tables
- D. temporary tables
- E. Index-Organized Tables (IOTs)
- F. views
NEW QUESTION 17
You executed the following command to drop a user: DROP USER scott CASCADE;
Which two statements regarding the above command are correct? (Choose two.)
- A. All the objects of scott are moved to the Recycle Bin.
- B. Any objects in the Recycle Bin belonging to scott are purged.
- C. All the objects owned by scott are permanently dropped from the database.
- D. All the objects of scott in the Recycle Bin must be purged before executing the DROP command.
- E. Any objects in the Recycle Bin belonging to scott will not be affected by the above DROP command.
NEW QUESTION 18
You issue the following RMAN command to set a retention policy on a database: RMAN>CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO REDUNDANCY 2;
What will be the outcome of issuing this command?
- A. After two days, a backup will be marked obsolete
- B. After two days, a backup will be deleted from the media
- C. If the RMAN repository has records of two or more recent backups of a file, then older backups will be deleted from the media.
- D. If the RMAN repository has records of two or more recent backups of a file, then older backups will be marked obsolete.
NEW QUESTION 19
Which command would you use to determine what database backups are currently available for restore?
- A. list database backup;
- B. report database backup;
- C. list backup of database;
- D. list summary backup;
- E. report backup of database;
NEW QUESTION 20
View the Exhibit to examine the error during the database startup. You open an RMAN session for the database instance. To repair the failure, you executed the following as the first command in the RMAN session:
RMAN> REPAIR FAILURE;
Which statement describes the consequence of the command? Exhibit:
- A. The command performs the recovery and closes the failures.
- B. The command only displays the advice and the RMAN script required for repair.
- C. The command produces an error because the ADVISE FAILURE command has not been executed before the REPAIR FAILURE command.
- D. The command executes the RMAN script to repair the failure and removes the entry from the Automatic Diagnostic Repository (ADR).
NEW QUESTION 21
Which of the following cannot be used as input to the SQL Tuning Advisor? (Choose all
- A. A single SQL statement provided by a user
- B. An existing SQL Tuning Set (STS)
- C. A preprocessed Database Replay workload
- D. A schema name
- E. SQL statement identified in EM as using excessive resources
NEW QUESTION 22
Which of the following advisors is run in every maintenance window by the auto-task system?
- A. The Memory Advisor
- B. The SQL Tuning Advisor
- C. The Undo Advisor
- D. The SQL Access Advisor
About Automated Maintenance Tasks (link)
Oracle Database has three predefined automated maintenance tasks:
✑ Automatic Optimizer Statistics Collection
✑ Automatic Segment Advisor
✑ Automatic SQL Tuning Advisor
By default, all three automated maintenance tasks are configured to run in all maintenance windows.
NEW QUESTION 23
Which command is used to begin a tablespace point-in-time recovery?
- A. Restore tablespace
- B. Recover tablespace
- C. Tablespace recover
- D. Recover to time
- E. recover datafile
NEW QUESTION 24
As the DBA, you run the following query on your ASM instance. What is the implication of the results of the query? (Choose two.)
SQL> select group_number, name, state from v$ASM_DISKGROUP; GROUP_NUMBER NAME STATE
============ ======= ========== 0 DGROUP1 DISMOUNTED
2 DGROUP2 MOUNTED
3 DGROUP3 MOUNTED
- A. The DGROUP1 disk group was unmounted by another DBA.
- B. A datafile has been lost, causing the ASM disk group DGROUP1 to go into the DISMOUNTED state
- C. One of the redundant disks (DGROUP1) has been lost in a disk group.
- D. This query has no meaning in an ASM instance.
- E. A disk associated with a disk group was discovered after the ASM instance initially opened.
NEW QUESTION 25
Identify the activities performed as part of the Automatic SQL Tuning process in the maintenance window? (Choose all that apply.)
- A. generating the SQL profile
- B. testing and accepting the SQL profile
- C. generating a list of candidate SQLs for tuning
- D. adding tuned SQL plans into the SQL plan baseline
- E. tuning each SQL statement in the order of importance
- F. generating baselines that include candidate SQLs for tuning
17.2.1 How Automatic SQL Tuning Works (link)
Oracle Database automatically runs SQL Tuning Advisor on selected high-load SQL statements from the Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) that qualify as tuning candidates. This task, called Automatic SQL Tuning, runs in the default maintenance windows on a nightly basis. By default, automatic SQL tuning runs for at most one hour. You can customize attributes of the maintenance windows, including start and end time, frequency, and days of the week.
After automatic SQL tuning begins, the database performs the following steps:
1. Identifies SQL candidates in the AWR for tuning
Oracle Database analyzes statistics in AWR and generates a list of potential SQL statements that are eligible for tuning. These statements include repeating high-load statements that have a significant impact on the database.
The database tunes only SQL statements that have an execution plan with a high potential for improvement. The database ignores recursive SQL and statements that have been tuned recently (in the last month), parallel queries, DML, DDL, and SQL statements with performance problems caused by concurrency issues.The database orders the SQL statements that are selected as candidates based on their performance impact. The database calculates the impact by summing the CPU time and the I/O times in AWR for the selected statement in the past week.
2. Tunes each SQL statement individually by calling SQL Tuning Advisor
During the tuning process, the database considers and reports all recommendation types, but it can implement only SQL profiles automatically.
3. Tests SQL profiles by executing the SQL statement
If a SQL profile is recommended, the database tests the new profile by executing the SQL statement both with and without the profile. If the performance improvement improves at least threefold, then the database accepts the SQL profile, but only if the ACCEPT_SQL_PROFILES task parameter is set to TRUE. Otherwise, the automatic SQL tuning reports merely report the recommendation to create a SQL profile.
4. Optionally, implements the SQL profiles provided they meet the criteria of threefold
performance improvement The database considers other factors when deciding whether to implement the SQL profile. For example, the database does not implement a profile when the objects referenced in the statement have stale optimizer statistics. SQL profiles that have been implemented automatically show type is AUTO in the DBA_SQL_PROFILES view.
If the database uses SQL plan management, and if a SQL plan baseline exists for the SQL statement, then the database adds a new plan baseline when creating the SQL profile. As a result, the optimizer uses the new plan immediately after profile creation. See Chapter 15, "Using SQL Plan Management". At any time during or after the automatic SQL tuning process, you can view the results using the automatic SQL tuning report. This report describes in detail all the SQL statements that were analyzed, the recommendations generated, and the SQL profiles that were automatically implemented.
NEW QUESTION 26
Thanks for reading the newest 1Z0-053 exam dumps! We recommend you to try the PREMIUM Surepassexam 1Z0-053 dumps in VCE and PDF here: https://www.surepassexam.com/1Z0-053-exam-dumps.html (698 Q&As Dumps)