It is impossible to pass CompTIA CAS-003 exam without any help in the short term. Come to Testking soon and find the most advanced, correct and guaranteed CompTIA CAS-003 practice questions. You will get a surprising result by our Updated CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) practice guides.
CompTIA CAS-003 Free Dumps Questions Online, Read and Test Now.
NEW QUESTION 1
The director of sales asked the development team for some small changes to increase the usability of an application used by the sales team. Prior security reviews of the code showed no significant vulnerabilities, and since the changes were small, they were given a peer review and then pushed to the live environment. Subsequent vulnerability scans now show numerous flaws that were not present in the previous versions of the code. Which of the following is an SDLC best practice that should have been followed?
- A. Versioning
- B. Regression testing
- C. Continuous integration
- D. Integration testing
NEW QUESTION 2
A security engineer is embedded with a development team to ensure security is built into products being developed. The security engineer wants to ensure developers are not blocked by a large number of security requirements applied at specific schedule points. Which of the following solutions BEST meets the engineer’s goal?
- A. Schedule weekly reviews of al unit test results with the entire development team and follow up between meetings with surprise code inspections.
- B. Develop and implement a set of automated security tests to be installed on each development team leader’s workstation.
- C. Enforce code quality and reuse standards into the requirements definition phase of the waterfall development process.
- D. Deploy an integrated software tool that builds and tests each portion of code committed by developers and provides feedback.
NEW QUESTION 3
The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) has asked the security team to determine whether the organization is susceptible to a zero-day explogt utilized in the banking industry and whether attribution is possible. The CISO has asked what process would be utilized to gather the information, and then wants to apply signatureless controls to stop these kinds of attacks in the future. Which of the following are the MOST appropriate ordered steps to take to meet the CISO’s request?
- A. 1. Perform the ongoing research of the best practices2. Determine current vulnerabilities and threats3. Apply Big Data techniques4. Use antivirus control
- B. 1. Apply artificial intelligence algorithms for detection2. Inform the CERT team3. Research threat intelligence and potential adversaries4. Utilize threat intelligence to apply Big Data techniques
- C. 1. Obtain the latest IOCs from the open source repositories2. Perform a sweep across the network to identify positive matches3. Sandbox any suspicious files4. Notify the CERT team to apply a future proof threat model
- D. 1. Analyze the current threat intelligence2. Utilize information sharing to obtain the latest industry IOCs3. Perform a sweep across the network to identify positive matches4. Apply machine learning algorithms
NEW QUESTION 4
A consulting firm was hired to conduct assessment for a company. During the first stage, a penetration tester used a tool that provided the following output:
TCP 80 open
TCP 443 open
TCP 1434 filtered
The penetration tester then used a different tool to make the following requests:
GET / script/login.php?token=45$MHT000MND876
GET / script/login.php?token=@#984DCSPQ%091DF
Which of the following tools did the penetration tester use?
- A. Protocol analyzer
- B. Port scanner
- C. Fuzzer
- D. Brute forcer
- E. Log analyzer
- F. HTTP interceptor
NEW QUESTION 5
After embracing a BYOD policy, a company is faced with new security challenges from unmanaged mobile devices and laptops. The company’s IT department has seen a large number of the following incidents:
Duplicate IP addresses Rogue network devices
Infected systems probing the company’s network
Which of the following should be implemented to remediate the above issues? (Choose two.)
- A. Port security
- B. Route protection
- C. NAC
- D. HIPS
- E. NIDS
NEW QUESTION 6
An organization is selecting a SaaS provider to replace its legacy, in house Customer Resource Management (CRM) application. Which of the following ensures the organization mitigates the risk of managing separate user credentials?
- A. Ensure the SaaS provider supports dual factor authentication.
- B. Ensure the SaaS provider supports encrypted password transmission and storage.
- C. Ensure the SaaS provider supports secure hash file exchange.
- D. Ensure the SaaS provider supports role-based access control.
- E. Ensure the SaaS provider supports directory services federatio
A SaaS application that has a federation server within the customer's network that interfaces with the customer's own enterprise user-directory service can provide single sign-on authentication. This federation server has a trust relationship with a corresponding federation server located within the SaaS provider's network.
Single sign-on will mitigate the risk of managing separate user credentials. Incorrect Answers:
A: Dual factor authentication will provide identification of users via a combination of two different components. It will not, however, mitigate the risk of managing separate user credentials.
B: The transmission and storage of encrypted passwords will not mitigate the risk of managing separate user credentials.
C: A hash file is a file that has been converted into a numerical string by a mathematical algorithm, and has to be unencrypted with a hash key to be understood. It will not, however, mitigate the risk of managing separate user credentials.
D: Role-based access control (RBAC) refers to the restriction of system access to authorized users. It will not, however, mitigate the risk of managing separate user credentials.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa905332.aspx https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-factor_authentication https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encryption http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-hash-files.htm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-based_access_control
NEW QUESTION 7
A company monitors the performance of all web servers using WMI. A network administrator informs the security engineer that web servers hosting the company’s client-facing portal are running slowly today. After some investigation, the security engineer notices a large number of attempts at enumerating host information via SNMP from multiple IP addresses. Which of the following would be the BEST technique for the security engineer to employ in an attempt to prevent reconnaissance activity?
- A. Install a HIPS on the web servers
- B. Disable inbound traffic from offending sources
- C. Disable SNMP on the web servers
- D. Install anti-DDoS protection in the DMZ
NEW QUESTION 8
select id, firstname, lastname from authors User input= firstname= Hack;man lastname=Johnson
Which of the following types of attacks is the user attempting?
- A. XML injection
- B. Command injection
- C. Cross-site scripting
- D. SQL injection
The code in the question is SQL code. The attack is a SQL injection attack.
SQL injection is a code injection technique, used to attack data-driven applications, in which malicious SQL statements are inserted into an entry field for execution (e.g. to dump the database contents to the attacker). SQL injection must explogt a security vulnerability in an application's software, for example, when user input is either incorrectly filtered for string literal escape characters embedded in SQL statements or user input is not strongly typed and unexpectedly executed. SQL injection is mostly known as an attack vector for websites but can be used to attack any type of SQL database.
A: The code in the question is not XML code. Therefore this is not an XML injection attack so this answer is incorrect.
B: Command injection is an attack in which the goal is execution of arbitrary commands on the host
operating system via a vulnerable application. Command injection attacks are possible when an application passes unsafe user supplied data (forms, cookies, HTTP headers etc.) to a system shell. The code in the question is not the type of code you would use in a command injection attack.
C: Cross-site scripting (XSS) is a type of computer security vulnerability typically found in Web applications. XSS enables attackers to inject client-side script into Web pages viewed by other users. The code in the question is not the type of code you would use in an XSS attack.
NEW QUESTION 9
The helpdesk manager wants to find a solution that will enable the helpdesk staff to better serve company employees who call with computer-related problems. The helpdesk staff is currently unable to perform effective troubleshooting and relies on callers to describe their technology problems. Given that the helpdesk staff is located within the company headquarters and 90% of the callers are telecommuters, which of the following tools should the helpdesk manager use to make the staff more effective at troubleshooting while at the same time reducing company costs? (Select TWO).
- A. Web cameras
- B. Email
- C. Instant messaging
- D. BYOD
- E. Desktop sharing
- F. Presence
C: Instant messaging (IM) allows two-way communication in near real time, allowing users to collaborate, hold informal chat meetings, and share files and information. Some IM platforms have added encryption, central logging, and user access controls. This can be used to replace calls between the end-user and the helpdesk.
E: Desktop sharing allows a remote user access to another user’s desktop and has the ability to function as a remote system administration tool. This can allow the helpdesk to determine the cause of the problem on the end-users desktop.
A: Web cameras can be used for videoconferencing. This can be used to replace calls between the end-user and the helpdesk but would require the presence of web cameras and sufficient bandwidth. B: Email can be used to replace calls between the end-user and the helpdesk but email communication is not in real-time.
D: Bring your own device (BYOD) is a relatively new phenomena in which company employees are allowed to connect their personal devices, such as smart phones and tablets to the corporate network and use those devices for work purposes.
F: Presence is an Apple software product that is similar to Windows Remote Desktop. It gives users access to their Mac's files wherever they are. It also allows users to share fi les and data between a Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
Gregg, Michael, and Billy Haines, CASP CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Study Guide, John Wiley & Sons, Indianapolis, 2012, pp. 347, 348, 351
NEW QUESTION 10
The latest independent research shows that cyber attacks involving SCADA systems grew an average of 15% per year in each of the last four years, but that this year’s growth has slowed to around 7%. Over the same time period, the number of attacks against applications has decreased or stayed flat each year. At the start of the measure period, the incidence of PC boot loader or BIOS based attacks was negligible. Starting two years ago, the growth in the number of PC boot loader attacks has grown exponentially. Analysis of these trends would seem to suggest which of the following strategies should be employed?
- A. Spending on SCADA protections should stay steady; application control spending should increase substantially and spending on PC boot loader controls should increase substantially.
- B. Spending on SCADA security controls should stay steady; application control spending should decrease slightly and spending on PC boot loader protections should increase substantially.
- C. Spending all controls should increase by 15% to start; spending on application controls should be suspended, and PC boot loader protection research should increase by 100%.
- D. Spending on SCADA security controls should increase by 15%; application control spending should increase slightly, and spending on PC boot loader protections should remain steady.
Spending on the security controls should stay steady because the attacks are still ongoing albeit reduced in occurrence Due to the incidence of BIOS-based attacks growing exponentially as the application attacks being decreased or staying flat spending should increase in this field. Incorrect Answers:
A: The SCADA security control spending and not the SCADA protection spending should stay steady. There is no need to in spending on application control.
C: There is no n increase spending on all security controls.
D: This is partly correct, but the spending on application control does not have to increase and the BIOS protections should increase since these attacks are now more prevalent.
Gregg, Michael, and Billy Haines, CASP CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Study Guide, John Wiley & Sons, Indianapolis, 2012, p. 343
NEW QUESTION 11
A security architect is designing a new infrastructure using both type 1 and type 2 virtual machines. In addition to the normal complement of security controls (e.g. antivirus, host hardening, HIPS/NIDS) the security architect needs to implement a mechanism to securely store cryptographic keys used to sign code and code modules on the VMs. Which of the following will meet this goal without requiring any hardware pass-through implementations?
- A. vTPM
- B. HSM
- C. TPM
- D. INE
A Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is a microchip designed to provide basic security-related functions, primarily involving encryption keys. The TPM is usually installed on the motherboard of a computer, and it communicates with the remainder of the system by using a hardware bus.
A vTPM is a virtual Trusted Platform Module.
IBM extended the current TPM V1.2 command set with virtual TPM management commands that allow us to create and delete instances of TPMs. Each created instance of a TPM holds an association with a virtual machine (VM) throughout its lifetime on the platform.
B: A hardware security module (HSM) is a physical computing device that safeguards and manages digital keys for strong authentication and provides cryptoprocessing. These modules traditionally come in the form of a plug-in card or an external device that attaches directly to a computer or network server. This solution would require hardware pass-through.
C: A Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is a microchip designed to provide basic security-related functions, primarily involving encryption keys. The TPM is usually installed on the motherboard of a computer, and it communicates with the remainder of the system by using a hardware bus. Virtual machines cannot access a hardware TPM.
D: INE (intelligent network element) is not used for storing cryptographic keys. References:
"http://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view_group.php?id=2850"researcher.watson.ibm.co m/researcher/HYPERLINK "http://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view_group.php?id=2850"view_group.php?id=2850
NEW QUESTION 12
A systems administrator recently joined an organization and has been asked to perform a security assessment of controls on the organization’s file servers, which contain client data from a number of sensitive systems. The administrator needs to compare documented access requirements to the access implemented within the file system.
Which of the following is MOST likely to be reviewed during the assessment? (Select two.)
- A. Access control list
- B. Security requirements traceability matrix
- C. Data owner matrix
- D. Roles matrix
- E. Data design document
- F. Data access policies
NEW QUESTION 13
An organization is attempting to harden its web servers and reduce the information that might be disclosed by potential attackers. A security anal... reviewing vulnerability scan result from a recent web server scan.
Portions of the scan results are shown below: Finding# 5144322
First time detected 10 nov 2015 09:00 GMT_0600
Last time detected 10 nov 2015 09:00 GMT_0600
CVSS base: 5
Access path: http://myorg.com/mailinglist.htm
Request: GET http://mailinglist.aspx?content=volunteer Response: C:\Docments\MarySmith\malinglist.pdf
Which of the following lines indicates information disclosure about the host that needs to be remediated?
- A. Response: C:\Docments\marysmith\malinglist.pdf
- B. Finding#5144322
- C. First Time detected 10 nov 2015 09:00 GMT_0600
- D. Access path: http//myorg.com/mailinglist.htm
- E. Request: GET http://myorg.come/mailinglist.aspx?content=volunteer
NEW QUESTION 14
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of an Internet service provider (ISP) has decided to limit the company’s contribution to worldwide Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. Which of the following should the ISP implement? (Select TWO).
- A. Block traffic from the ISP’s networks destined for blacklisted IPs.
- B. Prevent the ISP’s customers from querying DNS servers other than those hosted by the ISP.
- C. Scan the ISP’s customer networks using an up-to-date vulnerability scanner.
- D. Notify customers when services they run are involved in an attack.
- E. Block traffic with an IP source not allocated to customers from exiting the ISP's network.
Since DDOS attacks can originate from nay different devices and thus makes it harder to defend against, one way to limit the company’s contribution to DDOS attacks is to notify customers about any DDOS attack when they run services that are under attack. The company can also block IP sources that are not allocated to customers from the existing SIP’s network.
A: Blocking traffic is in essence denial of service and this should not be implemented by the company.
B: Preventing the ISP’s customers from querying/accessing other DNS serves is also a denial of service.
C: Making use of vulnerability scanners does not limit a company’s contribution to the DDOS attacks. References:
Gregg, Michael, and Billy Haines, CASP CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Study Guide, John Wiley & Sons, Indianapolis, 2012, p. 286
NEW QUESTION 15
An enterprise with global sites processes and exchanges highly sensitive information that is protected under several countries’ arms trafficking laws. There is new information that malicious nation-state-sponsored activities are targeting the use of encryption between the geographically
disparate sites. The organization currently employs ECDSA and ECDH with P-384, SHA-384, and AES- 256-GCM on VPNs between sites. Which of the following techniques would MOST likely improve the resilience of the enterprise to attack on cryptographic implementation?
- A. Add a second-layer VPN from a different vendor between sites.
- B. Upgrade the cipher suite to use an authenticated AES mode of operation.
- C. Use a stronger elliptic curve cryptography algorithm.
- D. Implement an IDS with sensors inside (clear-text) and outside (cipher-text) of each tunnel between sites.
- E. Ensure cryptography modules are kept up to date from vendor supplying the
NEW QUESTION 16
A security administrator wants to implement two-factor authentication for network switches and routers. The solution should integrate with the company’s RADIUS server, which is used for authentication to the network infrastructure devices. The security administrator implements the following:
An HOTP service is installed on the RADIUS server.
The RADIUS server is configured to require the HOTP service for authentication.
The configuration is successfully tested using a software supplicant and enforced across all network devices. Network administrators report they are unable to log onto the network devices because they are not being prompted for the second factor.
Which of the following should be implemented to BEST resolve the issue?
- A. Replace the password requirement with the second facto
- B. Network administrators will enter their username and then enter the token in place of their password in the password field.
- C. Configure the RADIUS server to accept the second factor appended to the passwor
- D. Network administrators will enter a password followed by their token in the password field.
- E. Reconfigure network devices to prompt for username, password, and a toke
- F. Network administrators will enter their username and password, and then they will enter the token.
- G. Install a TOTP service on the RADIUS server in addition to the HOTP servic
- H. Use the HOTP on older devices that do not support two-factor authenticatio
- I. Network administrators will use a web portalto log onto these device
NEW QUESTION 17
There have been some failures of the company’s internal facing website. A security engineer has found the WAF to be the root cause of the failures. System logs show that the WAF has been unavailable for 14 hours over the past month, in four separate situations. One of these situations was a two hour scheduled maintenance time, aimed at improving the stability of the WAF. Using the MTTR based on the last month’s performance figures, which of the following calculations is the percentage of uptime assuming there were 722 hours in the month?
- A. 92.24 percent
- B. 98.06 percent
- C. 98.34 percent
- D. 99.72 percent
A web application firewall (WAF) is an appliance, server plugin, or filter that applies a set of rules to an HTTP conversation. Generally, these rules cover common attacks such as cross-site scripting (XSS) and SQL injection. By customizing the rules to your application, many attacks can be identified and blocked.
14h of down time in a period of 772 supposed uptime = 14/772 x 100 = 1.939 % Thus the % of uptime = 100% - 1.939% = 98.06%
Gregg, Michael, and Billy Haines, CASP CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Study Guide, John Wiley & Sons, Indianapolis, 2012, pp. 43, 116
NEW QUESTION 18
A systems administrator at a medical imaging company discovers protected health information (PHI) on a general purpose file server. Which of the following steps should the administrator take NEXT?
- A. Isolate all of the PHI on its own VLAN and keep it segregated at Layer 2
- B. Immediately encrypt all PHI with AES 256
- C. Delete all PHI from the network until the legal department is consulted
- D. Consult the legal department to determine legal requirements
NEW QUESTION 19
Thanks for reading the newest CAS-003 exam dumps! We recommend you to try the PREMIUM Dumpscollection.com CAS-003 dumps in VCE and PDF here: https://www.dumpscollection.net/dumps/CAS-003/ (555 Q&As Dumps)