Proper study guides for Renew Isaca Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control certified begins with Isaca CRISC preparation products which designed to deliver the Pinpoint CRISC questions by making you pass the CRISC test at your first time. Try the free CRISC demo right now.
Online CRISC free questions and answers of New Version:
NEW QUESTION 1
The PRIMARY objective of The board of directors periodically reviewing the risk profile is to help ensure:
- A. the risk strategy is appropriate
- B. KRIs and KPIs are aligned
- C. performance of controls is adequate
- D. the risk monitoring process has been established
NEW QUESTION 2
During the control evaluation phase of a risk assessment, it is noted that multiple controls are ineffective. Which of the following should be the risk practitioner's FIRST course of action?
- A. Recommend risk remediation of the ineffective controls.
- B. Compare the residual risk to the current risk appetite.
- C. Determine the root cause of the control failures.
- D. Escalate the control failures to senior management.
NEW QUESTION 3
Which of the following is MOST useful when communicating risk to management?
- A. Risk policy
- B. Audit report
- C. Risk map
- D. Maturity model
NEW QUESTION 4
Which of the following provides the BEST evidence that risk mitigation plans have been implemented effectively?
- A. Self-assessments by process owners
- B. Mitigation plan progress reports
- C. Risk owner attestation
- D. Change in the level of residual risk
NEW QUESTION 5
The PRIMARY benefit of maintaining an up-to-date risk register is that it helps to:
- A. implement uniform controls for common risk scenarios.
- B. ensure business unit risk is uniformly distributed.
- C. build a risk profile for management review.
- D. quantify the organization's risk appetite.
NEW QUESTION 6
Which of the following would provide executive management with the BEST information to make risk decisions as a result of a risk assessment?
- A. A companion of risk assessment results to the desired state
- B. A quantitative presentation of risk assessment results
- C. An assessment of organizational maturity levels and readiness
- D. A qualitative presentation of risk assessment results
NEW QUESTION 7
Which of the following is MOST important to understand when developing key risk indicators (KRIs)?
- A. KRI thresholds
- B. Integrity of the source data
- C. Control environment
- D. Stakeholder requirements
NEW QUESTION 8
Following a significant change to a business process, a risk practitioner believes the associated risk has been reduced. The risk practitioner should advise the risk owner to FIRST
- A. review the key risk indicators.
- B. conduct a risk analysis.
- C. update the risk register
- D. reallocate risk response resources.
NEW QUESTION 9
An organization's financial analysis department uses an in-house forecasting application for business projections. Who is responsible for defining access roles to protect the sensitive data within this application?
- A. IT risk manager
- B. IT system owner
- C. Information security manager
- D. Business owner
NEW QUESTION 10
In an organization with a mature risk management program, which of the following would provide the BEST evidence that the IT risk profile is up to date?
- A. Risk questionnaire
- B. Risk register
- C. Management assertion
- D. Compliance manual
NEW QUESTION 11
Which of the following activities should be performed FIRST when establishing IT risk management processes?
- A. Collect data of past incidents and lessons learned.
- B. Conduct a high-level risk assessment based on the nature of business.
- C. Identify the risk appetite of the organization.
- D. Assess the goals and culture of the organization.
NEW QUESTION 12
The PRIMARY purpose of using control metrics is to evaluate the:
- A. amount of risk reduced by compensating controls.
- B. amount of risk present in the organization.
- C. variance against objectives.
- D. number of incidents.
NEW QUESTION 13
A risk practitioner learns that the organization s industry is experiencing a trend of rising security incidents. Which of the following is the BEST course of action?
- A. Evaluate the relevance of the evolving threats.
- B. Review past internal audit results.
- C. Respond to organizational security threats.
- D. Research industry published studies.
NEW QUESTION 14
A risk practitioner has determined that a key control does not meet design expectations. Which of the following should be done NEXT?
- A. Document the finding in the risk register.
- B. Invoke the incident response plan.
- C. Re-evaluate key risk indicators.
- D. Modify the design of the control.
NEW QUESTION 15
After identifying new risk events during a project, the project manager s NEXT step should be to:
- A. determine if the scenarios need 10 be accepted or responded to.
- B. record the scenarios into the risk register.
- C. continue with a qualitative risk analysis.
- D. continue with a quantitative risk analysis.
NEW QUESTION 16
Which of the following would BEST enable mitigation of newly identified risk factors related to internet of Things (loT)?
- A. Introducing control procedures early in the life cycle
- B. Implementing loT device software monitoring
- C. Performing periodic risk assessments of loT
- D. Performing secure code reviews
NEW QUESTION 17
Which of the following techniques would be used during a risk assessment to demonstrate to stakeholders that all known alternatives were evaluated?
- A. Control chart
- B. Sensitivity analysis
- C. Trend analysis
- D. Decision tree
NEW QUESTION 18
When using a third party to perform penetration testing, which of the following is the MOST important control to minimize operational impact?
- A. Perform a background check on the vendor.
- B. Require the vendor to sign a nondisclosure agreement.
- C. Require the vendor to have liability insurance.
- D. Clearly define the project scope
NEW QUESTION 19
When collecting information to identify IT-related risk, a risk practitioner should FIRST focus on IT:
- A. risk appetite.
- B. security policies
- C. process maps.
- D. risk tolerance level
NEW QUESTION 20
A business unit is updating a risk register with assessment results for a key project. Which of the following is MOST important to capture in the register?
- A. The team that performed the risk assessment
- B. An assigned risk manager to provide oversight
- C. Action plans to address risk scenarios requiring treatment
- D. The methodology used to perform the risk assessment
NEW QUESTION 21
An organizations chief technology officer (CTO) has decided to accept the risk associated with the potential loss from a denial-of-service (DoS) attack. In this situation, the risk practitioner's BEST course of action is to:
- A. identify key risk indicators (KRls) for ongoing monitoring
- B. validate the CTO's decision with the business process owner
- C. update the risk register with the selected risk response
- D. recommend that the CTO revisit the risk acceptance decision.
NEW QUESTION 22
A risk practitioner observes that hardware failure incidents have been increasing over the last few months. However, due to built-in redundancy and fault-tolerant architecture, there have been no interruptions to business operations. The risk practitioner should conclude that:
- A. a root cause analysis is required
- B. controls are effective for ensuring continuity
- C. hardware needs to be upgraded
- D. no action is required as there was no impact
NEW QUESTION 23
Which of the following BEST indicates the effectiveness of anti-malware software?
- A. Number of staff hours lost due to malware attacks
- B. Number of downtime hours in business critical servers
- C. Number of patches made to anti-malware software
- D. Number of successful attacks by malicious software
NEW QUESTION 24
P.S. Dumps-files.com now are offering 100% pass ensure CRISC dumps! All CRISC exam questions have been updated with correct answers: https://www.dumps-files.com/files/CRISC/ (285 New Questions)